(JULY 14, 2023) Chicago, IL – AAK, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of value-adding specialty vegetable fats and oils, is highlighting its portfolio of multi-sourced specialty fat and oil solutions at the Institute of Food Technologists 2023 Annual Meeting and Exposition (IFT23), July 16-19, at McCormick Place in Chicago. AAK invites attendees to visit booth #S1123 to discover a variety of plant-based concepts created for the expo. All prototypes feature AAK’s plant-based oil solutions designed to meet today’s dynamic marketplace demands and help manufacturers make products better tasting, healthier and more sustainable.
“IFT presents the perfect opportunity for our team to meet with attendees and discuss how our fat and oil solutions can help the industry create the great-tasting plant-based foods that today’s consumers are seeking,” said Octavio Díaz de Leon, President Americas, and Vice President AAK AB. “Fats and oils play a critical role in the foods we all enjoy, and our team is proud to provide high-quality and value-adding solutions for our customers. We are excited for attendees to try our menu of innovative concepts created for the show to help attendees experience how AAK can help manufacturers create healthy, sustainable plant-based foods with the perfect taste and texture experience.”
Visitors to IFT booth #S1123 will be able to sample the following assortment of craveable plant-based concepts that feature AAK’s value-adding fats and oils:
- Plant-based Chicken Nugget – Tastes, looks and cooks like traditional chicken, for delicious snacks consumers will love. These nuggets eat like chicken with realistic taste, texture and succulence. Their adherence and coloring after cooking are as golden and great tasting as consumers expect. AAK’s AkoVeg™ 117-14, a palm-free solution, is used to create a plant-based chicken nugget that exceeds consumer expectations.
- Plant-based Chipotle Mayo – Plant-based creamy mayo with a slightly spicy, bold Chipotle flavor. Thick and rich, this Plant-based Chipotle Mayo acts as a dressing, dip and spread and features the taste and texture of real chipotle mayonnaise. Not only that, but consumers also find this to be delicious served chilled or warmed. Try it with our Plant-based Chicken Nuggets!
- Fluffy Cut Biscuit – A soft and perfectly flaky biscuit. This delicious and tender biscuit contains Silko™ 3508 flaked shortening for a clean mouthfeel while providing structure to reduce crumbling. Using a flaked shortening ensures an even distribution of richness throughout the biscuit. Consumers can enjoy as a snack or meal option and is easy to take on the go!
- Cocoa Hazelnut Spread – Indulgently creamy and silky smooth. This decadent chocolate hazelnut butter spread won’t oil out and will stay silky smooth for months. Features EsSence® 86-33, our special blend of palm, palm kernel and canola oils, containing less saturated fat than comparable fats—and significantly reduces oil seepage to provide higher quality products with longer shelf life.
- Chocolate Cake with Caramel Flavored Icing – For those who love to treat themselves: a fluffy and moist cake with the desired volume, crumb structure and tenderness. With our emulsified shortening system, the icing has improved whippability and shelf life, so consumers can enjoy its ideal taste and texture for longer. Features AkoSun™ 46-53XP high oleic sunflower oil for better stability and shelf life, Cisao® 8253 and Cisao® 8315 zero trans-fat, non-hydrogenated palm oils to protect the texture and moisture barrier of the inclusions, improve icing whippability and prevent post hardening.
- Popcorn with a Chocolatey Drizzle – A delectable and bite-worthy snack that consumers will reach for throughout the day. This snackable popcorn is covered in a decadent compound chocolate made with our premium non-hydrogenated coating fats. Cebes® 29-01 NH is a key ingredient to help your compounds achieve faster crystallization during cooling and deliver optimal flavor and sensorial properties.
Díaz de Leon added, “With AAK’s Customer Co-Development process, supported by bi-coastal innovation centers and our comprehensive toolbox of functional multi-oils and fats, our experts can answer the most demanding product development challenges and help to create products that will keep consumers coming back for more.”
AAK specializes in plant-based oils that are value-adding ingredients in confectionery, bakery, dairy, special nutrition and plant-based alternative segments. From label claims—such as sustainably sourced, non-GMO and plant-based—to perfecting sensorial qualities, AAK offers the latest fat and oil solutions to overcome a variety of product, process and formulation challenges. AAK can also optimize production by substituting existing ingredients with plant-based equivalents for better process efficiency.
Find out more about AAK’s latest Co-Development solutions that can help you get your products to market faster by visiting IFT23 booth #S1123 or www.betterwithaak.com.
We are AAK – The Co-Development Company.
AAK specializes in plant-based oils that are the value-adding ingredients in many of the products people love to consume. We make these products better tasting, healthier and more sustainable. We enhance their sensory experience—by giving the silkier mouthfeel in premium chocolate, the juicier texture in a plant-based burger and the puffier appearance in a lower-fat pastry. We can also optimize their production by substituting existing ingredients with plant-based equivalents that give better efficiency. AAK’s value-adding solutions enable our customers to be successful in a better way. At the heart of AAK’s offer is Customer Co-Development, combining our desire to understand what better means for each customer, with the unique flexibility of our production assets and a deep knowledge of many products and industries, including Chocolate & Confectionery, Bakery, Dairy, Plant-based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care. Our 4,000 employees support our close collaboration with customers through 25 regional sales offices, 16 dedicated Customer Innovation Centers and with the support of more than 20 production facilities. Listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and with our headquarters in Malmö, Sweden, AAK has been Making Better Happen™ for more than 150 years.